Brush Fire Season is upon us.
Learn how you can prevent a backyard fire from growing out of control
- Check for local burn bans or restrictions before conducting any open burning.
- Keep fire a minimum of 75 feet from all buildings.
- Never use gasoline, kerosene or any other flammable liquid to start the fire.
- Do not leave a fire unattended.
- Have fire extinguishment materials on hand, including a water supply, shovels and rakes.
- Be prepared to extinguish your fire if the winds pick up.
- DO NOT delay a call for help – call the fire department immediately at the first sign of the fire getting out of control.